7.07.2006

Ryan is 8 today


Ryan is 8 years old today.

After I sent Ian to childcare this morning, I went home to pick Ryan to send him to Lorna Winston. When he got into the car, I had the following conversation with him.

Me: Happy Birthday Ryan!

(Ryan kept quiet and looked grouchy. Maybe it was too early and he did not get enough sleep)

Me: Why? Tired is it? My boy is 8 years old already. A big boy now.

Ryan: I should be much older than 8 years old. (still grouchy)

Me: Is it? (I started counting in my heart. I thought I remembered his age wrongly)

Ryan: Yes. I look much older.

Me: Who says so?

Ryan: YES! I HAVE A MOUSTACHE ! (looking exasperated and pointing to his upper lips)

Me: (I took a closer look and trying to console him) Never mind la, a little bit only.

Ryan: Not a bit, ok?!!

Me: You are a big boy mah. When you grow older, you will need to shave like daddy lor.

Ryan: Sigh...

Me: How many teeth have you dropped?

Ryan: (showed me a "4" sign)

Me: How many new ones have you grown?

Ryan: 2 only. Sigh... still dropping teeth and I got a moustache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home