6.21.2006

Ian is nearly Reuben

4 years ago, we had much difficulty finding a name for Ian. Initially, we wanted a name starting with "R". I am Ronald and his kor kor is Ryan (it means little King). Hmm.... what should we call him?

Roy, Robert, Reginald, Richard,...... the list goes on and we decided on "Reuben".

Reuben???

My only experience with Reuben is one of my patient who has given me lots of problems. The other Reuben I know is the formula one driver. Nevertheless, we decided he should be called Reuben. Why? I cannot remember.

The decision was made but somehow a big part of me don't feel comfortable. Reuben Pang Jie Wei? I kept asking myself "sure or not"?

Ai Peng then told me days later that Jacob's son (in the Bible) is called Reuben, which means "first born". Hey, Ian is not our first born. Great! Now I have a valid reason why he should not be named Reuben. And I felt much better.

We were shopping in Orchard one evening and Ai Peng's water bag burst prematurely. We went straight to the hospital and she had an emergency caesarian. The gynae said the baby was already drinking some blood in the womb and that's dangerous.

The operation was a very successful one and by God's grace, little Ian was born on 30 Mar 2002.

Ian? It does not start with "R"!

Never mind, We know Ian is the most appropriate name for him because it means "God is gracious".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home