4.03.2006

Ryan's favourite Medals

I used to be quite an athlete. Note that the keywords here are "used to be".

I had won lots of medals (more than 100) from school and army. Majority of them were sprinting medals. I also have medals from soccer, hockey, swimming, scouting, chess, gynmnastics etc .... hey, do i sound like i am boasting here?



My mother has thrown at least half of them away when we shifted house. When I got married and each time I moved house, I threw more away. What I have left in my cabinet are those more sentimental ones to remind me of the "glorious" days.

Ryan called me on the telephone one day, probably after admiring my medals.

Ryan: daddy, do you know which is my favourite medal?

Me: What do you mean? You have only one golf medal isn't it?

Ryan: No. I mean your medals.

Me: Hmmm.... my swimming medals? (cos they are taller)

Ryan: No.

Me: Running? (I have more of those)

Ryan: No.

Me: hockey? ...... gymnastics?..... blah blah blah...

Ryan: No... No.... No...... give up?

Me: Ok, give up.

Ryan: The one that is on top of the cupboard?

Me: (wondering) which one?

Ryan: The one that is very tall?



Me: Oh..... that one!! (I won that as "Mr. Personality - runner up" in NUS)

Ryan: You know which one? I want to get that one next time. How do you get it?

Me: (trying not to laugh as i try to kid him) First of all, you must be handsome. Then you must be humourous and a lot of girls must like you. (Hey people, stop throwing eggs at me. I was only kidding him)

Ryan: Eeeeeeee....... don't want to win that already.

2 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me give you the inside story to this one.

Ryan told me about it first and asked how Ronald got the medal. I asked him to ask his daddy instead. Wanted to see how Ronald reply to this one. Told him that we may be able to spring a surprise on his daddy depending on his reply. We were thinking of posting a blog about it shd Ronald cook up some story about some athletic capability.

Well, Ryan's got quite a honest dad...

Anyway, when I asked him what did his daddy say, he replied, " Very funny one. Got one part got something to do with many girlfriends...hee hee hee."

TAP

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Chuck n Ivy said...

To ronald... yes, you sound as if you are boasting!! And, hmm.. really cannot imagine you to be "Mr personality".. must be that era yeah!!! ha2

by the way, in our teo household, we have only got one and only medal... and that is for a softball competition won by ai peng...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home