3.18.2006

Ryan won his first medal in life

This happened a few months ago.

Ryan has been passionate about golfing and we signed him up for a golf program at his school. After the first term (approx 10 lessons), he asked for more and we signed him up for another term. He has definitely benefited from the program. I could see improvements in his swing. He may be ready to tee off from red tee.

Seeing that his passion remained high, I bought him a set of clubs during his program.

At the end of the 2nd term, the school organised a golf competition. He was of course excited to be playing in a competition.

After the game, he called me on my handphone to tell me he had won a medal.

Ryan: Daddy, I won a medal!
Me: Really? That's good! What's your score??
Ryan: Huh?
Me: Are you first? 2nd? or...?
Ryan: I don't know?
Me: What medal did you get?
Ryan: Those that hang around the neck.
Me: What does it say?
Ryan: errr... participation award.
Me: Oh...!

When I got home that night after work, he was still wearing the medal round his neck. He was really proud.

Today, Ryan is enrolled in Sembawang Country Club's junior program.

2 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Joel & family said...

hmmm when he called to tell me he got a medal, he told me the same thing "those that hang on the neck", so i asked him what colour, he told me bronze in colour so i told mum he got "tong jiang"....so it's incorrect?

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Chuck n Ivy said...

yeah. i remembered this one. he was so proud about it. when i went over that weekend, i remember that the medal was still hanging round his neck! i congratulated him (of course not telling him what the medal was for)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home