3.30.2006

Ian is 4 years old today

Happy birthday Ian! How time flies, you are 4 years old already.

------------------

Ian has been receiving birthday presents since last week from different uncles and aunties (relatives and church). He made this comment to his mommy at home.

Ian: How come so many people like to buy me presents huh?

(so proud!)

------------------

I have been scratching my head to buy Ian something really special for his birthday. Last weekend, I brought him to an aquarium and bought him a fish tank with 4 fishes and 1 prawn. He was very excited. He can't wait to go home and had to call his brother on my handphone to relate the good news.

I felt good knowing that I had bought him something extraordinary from his other presents.

When we got home, we spent the next few hours setting up the aquarium. I taught them how to feed the fish. Both wanted to feed and we had to draw up a simple roster. Alternate days beginning with Ian.




Ryan helped to name all the fishes. There's Nemo, Pulp, Zebra, Colourful and Zoop (prawn). I am not sure where he got his inspirations for these names. Some cartoon characters perhaps?

Next morning (less than 24 hours later), Zoop died. Since then, they have been monitoring if more will die soon.


Yesterday, Ian told his mommy...

Ian: Mommy, next time don't buy me fish lah
Mommy: Why?
Ian: So boring
Mommy: Why boring?
Ian: I say "hello" to the fish but they never talk
Mommy: But they can't talk. Only human beings talk. They are pets like cats and dogs.
Ian: At least a dog will wooh wooh.
Mommy: errr....

For the record, Ian has stopped feeding the fishes. Ryan has taken over the role daily.

And this morning, while I was sending him to childcare, he said he doesn't want the fishes anymore. Ryan can have them. Too boring but I need not buy him a replacement present. He said never mind.

------------------------

Weeks before Ian's birthday, he has told us he does not want to celebrate it at his childcare centre. We double checked several times over several days, and he has been consistent with his reply. No cake cutting.

All he wanted is to distribute little gifts to his friends.

Very good. We don't have to take leave to go to the centre then. Hee hee...

This morning, he carried a big bag of goodies, mainly twisties and some tidbits, for the entire centre. Tonight, mommy will bring all out for dinner with my mom. Jenny (domestic help) happened to have the same birthday as Ian today.

Daddy has a meeting. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home