2.09.2006

Sibling jealousy















Several events have revealed the jealous streak in Ryan over his little brother.

On the 4th day of CNY, School has reopened for Ryan. I was not working and Ian's childcare was also closed for an additional day. I had made plans to bring Ian out. Ryan was feeling very lousy having to go to school instead. He kept mumbling "unfair"..... almost with tears in his eyes.

Ai Peng has pre-warned me about this and advised me to "handle with care". I have to tell Ryan that we were only running some boring errands and will be home really soon. He made me promise him that I will not bring Ian to my office or to anywhere that's FUN. Ha ha...

Another incident....

Yesterday, my sister-in-law (Ivy) brought Ian to Sentosa in the afternoon. Unlike the norm, Ryan was home from school at 7pm before Ian did. Ian should be home by 6pm normally. Ryan was of course curious where has his beloved little brother gone to. When I finally brought him home from my in-law's place closed to 8pm, Ai Peng was very quick to say loudly, "Traffic jam???"

"errr..... " was my reply. And the topic quickly changed.

Ryan bought the "traffic jam" story. Cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home